If you count yourself among the multitudes who love Studio Ghibli, you may already have goods at home featuring one of the memorable characters from their films. You may even have a piggy bank such as this No-Name who devours coins, burps and plays music.
But if “Kiki’s Delivery Service” has a special place in your heart, you’ll probably be interested in this piggy bank which was just announced from long-time Ghibli Studio affiliated goods maker Donguri Republic.
‘Kiki’s Delivery Service’ Coin Bank: Dancing Jiji
This piggy bank features Kiki’s trusty partner and pet cat Jiji, perched with his front paws on what looks like an old radio set, placed on top of a can. With his cute expression and his little pink tongue sticking out, he’s the most adorable piggy bank ever.
When you put a coin in the slot on top of the radio, Jiji begins to dance, swaying his head left and right, batting his eyes, as music from “Kiki’s Delivery Service” plays!
When you deposit a coin, one of the following seven songs from Joe Hisaishi’s inspiring soundtrack will play at random (the songs change with every five coins you deposit):
- 晴れた日に… Hareta hi ni (On a Clear Day)
- 海の見える街 Umi no mieru machi (A Town with an Ocean View)
- パン屋の手伝い Pan’ya no tetsudai (The Baker’s Assistant)
- 仕事はじめ Shigoto hajime (Starting the Job)
- 身代わりジジ Migawari Jiji (Surrogate Jiji)
- ジェッフ Jeff
- 大忙しのキキ Ōisogashi no Kiki (A Very Busy Kiki)
- Dimensions: W 100 mm x H 275 mm x D 150 mm
- Weight: 336 grams
- Materials: Main body: ABS, POM, TPU, EVA. Can: Steel
- Batteries: 2 AA batteries required (not included)
- Price: 6,480 yen (tax incl., excl. shipping)
- On sale from: August 10
- Page on Donguri Republic: Kiki’s Delivery Service Coin Bank: Dancing Jiji
- Note 1: No more than 10 per person
- Note 2: Donguri Republic only delivers to Japanese addresses, so you may need to use a forwarding service like Tenso if you wish to have it delivered abroad
Source: PR Times
Read more stories from grape Japan.
— Tokyo Pokemon Center’s New Dishes Let You Eat Rice Out of Snorlax’s Belly and Dessert in a Pokeball
— Celebrate 50 Years Of Art And The New Picasso Pavilion At The Hakone Open-Air Museum
— Super Realistic Anime Doll Masks Let You Transform Into…Well, Anime
- External Link
© grape Japan
Source: Japan Today